Below is a handy list of car dealers in the South East of Ireland. Click on a logo to see a list of cars available, in different price ranges. At the bottom of the page is our list of "Top 10 Tips" for buying a car.
1. Budget! Decide an amount to spend (and stick to it). Remember to include insurance, road tax, servicing etc.
2. Get Quotes from insurance companies for several models that interest you – You may find certain makes, models or engines will reduce your insurance bill.
3. Shop around. Look at several cars from more than one seller so that you have a choice.
4. Look for a dealer whose cars have been part inspected by a motoring association. Alternatively, choose a reputable dealer with a quality checking scheme.
5. Watch out for extras! Make sure any special features - like metallic paint, alloy wheels, delivery charges etc. are all included in the price.
6. If you’re part exchanging, price your car realistically. Value it according to its age and mileage. Check the net, local papers and car mags to get a 'feel' for the right prices.
7. Haggle! Be prepared to walk away (and don’t forget your budget!)
8. Read the warranty conditions before you sign – you may need to pay for routine checks to ensure that the warranty is valid.
9. Don’t be pressured into buying! Take your time, make the deal when YOU want, and walk away if you are not happy.
10. Is the car 'dodgy'? You may be able to buy a detailed report about the specific car you want to purchase. Sometimes you can get info on whether a car has been reported as stolen, written off by an insurance company or is the subject of an outstanding finance agreement. If you belong to a motoring organisation ask them whether they offer this service - you might feel it is worth the investment.