Clonroche Couple Thought To Have Suffered Accidental Overdose Of Prescription Drugs

CLONROCHE COUPLE THOUGHT TO HAVE SUFFERED ACCIDENTAL OVERDOSE OF PRESCRIPTION DRUGS

It’s thought a couple, who were found dead at a house in Clonroche earlier this week, suffered an accidental overdose of prescription medication.

The Irish Examiner reports that Gardaí found morphine tablets beside the bodies of 28 year-old Stephen de Loughry and Melissa Giltrap, who was 32.

It’s understood the morphine had previously been prescribed as pain relief to Mr de Loughry’s late mother.

The discovery was made on Monday afternoon and the bodies were examined by a pathologist at the scene before being removed for postmortems at Waterford University Hospital.

Gardaí are to compile a report for the coroner which will be presented to an inquest into their deaths.

More News