South East Radio and The Rotary Club of Wexford are delighted to support the work of Wexford Priest, Fr. Sean Devereux in Gambia.
Fr. Sean has been helping poor communities in the diocese of Banjul Gambia for almost 15 years.
He needs your help.
“Recycle for Gambia” is a special collection day on Saturday September 27th.
Fr. Sean is appealing to everyone to provide the following equipment, tools and supplies to help continue to build communities in Gambia.
He needs the following items:
- Bicycles, regardless of the condition, wide wheeled mountain bikes and high nellys.
- Light clothing for children and young people, sports jerseys, t-shirts, runners and football boots.
- Power tools… drills, saws and planes
- Garden tools…. shovels, picks, forks, rakes
- Plastic seed trays for seed planting
- Exercise books, pencils, colouring pencils, Ladybird reading books for their nursery schools.
- He also need syringes, stethoscopes, old and new type blood pressure monitors, bandages and in date medical supplies.
- For the community based radio station and University students he needs used laptops or computers, headphones, mike stands, short and boom stands, mike cable and a small analogue mixer. Also CD players and cassette players.
Families in rural Gambia live on less than $1.25 a day and desperately need your help.
The Collection Day will be on September 27th at the Wexford Enterprise Centre Car Park (opposite the Renault garage) on the Rosslare Road, Drinagh, Wexford from 11a.m. to 4p.m.
Your unwanted items can really transform lives in the Gambia so please donate all you can.